Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Two Week Check-Up

Yesterday was Wylie's two week check-up and she did great. She is up to a whopping 7 lbs 2 oz (she was 6 lbs 6 oz at birth). I can't believe how tiny she is, she is our smallest baby yet. Newborn diapers are barely fitting her, and the cloth diapers I have are swallowing her whole.

Her appointment went well, Dave took the day off to provide much needed back-up! Wilder, Whitley, and Wyatt are full of energy, and it is always fun to put them in a small exam room for 30 minutes to an hour with nothing to do. It tends to turn into Chaos within two minutes of the door closing. To make the day even more exciting, Wylie had to get her 2nd newborn screen, and for some reason they make you go to the hospital lab. Which meant another long wait in another non-kid friendly area. Dave and I were exhausted by the end of the day:) I can't tell you how many times we heard the "Wow, they have their hands full" whispers. I always want to turn around and say, "Ya, and you should see our hearts" There were also several elderly people who remarked on how they missed those days and make sure that we enjoy them:) I think Dave needed to hear that. He tends to get overwhelmed very easy when we are out and about.

Photobucket

Anyway, we survived! It was fun to have our first real outing as a family of six! Plus, I always love hearing how cute my kids are:) Wylie was all dressed up, I never thought I'd be a Mom who put bowes in my daughters hair. I just couldn't resist it! She looked sooooo Cute!!!!

3 comments:

cajungal01 said...

GORGEOUS!I'm glad y'all made it through alive. :0)
Love that you have a blog! YEA!
:0)
~robin

Amanda said...

Wow! She's already changed so much. She's so big and wide awake! That's the same kind of bow the dwarfed her just 2 weeks ago. She's definitely a member of the Ellis clan. Beautiful Pic!

cajungal01 said...

Ok...I'm ready for a new post... I just love seeing photos of the kiddos!
:0)
:0)
:0)