Well it is late and I am waiting for milk to thaw out for Wylie's bottles tonight so I had a to keep myself busy and I decided to jump back online and check my new facebook account. Which by the way I am already addicted to:) Anyway, I found my childhood best friend again, who I lost contact with for a little over a year. That isn't even the best part...she also has a beautiful baby girl who is Wylie's age! I wanted to call someone and tell them, but everybody I know is sleeping. I really want to call my Sisters, because they will be as happy as I am:) See I found my friend who I will call "B" (because I don't want her to get upset about me posting about her) once before right after Wyatt was born in 2006. At the time I think Wyatt was about 4 months old and B was pregnant with her first and so was my sister Tracy. B gave birth to her first, who by the way I instantly fell in love with, it was weird how I felt like a surrogate Aunt to him even if I only saw him through pictures:) I had Wyatt Michael, Tracy had Lincoln Michael, and B had Michael Matthew. I was overjoyed with the fact that I had found her and the connection we all had through our new little boys.
The worst part about it came at the end of October when I got a email from another friend who said B woke up and found that Micheal had passed in his sleep. I was heartbroken for B...what Mother wouldn't be. I still think of baby Michael on a daily basis and constantly watch Wyatt and think of what milestones Michael would be passing. I know everyone has that one thing that could make them cry in an instant, something that gives them that throat clinching sadness. Well B's loss does that for me. Not even the loss of my Mom comes close to the feelings I get when I see Michael's face and think about what B had to go through....
So, you can now rejoice with me about finding out about her new precious little girl!!! She is gorgeous!! I know that Michael can never be replaced, but I am so happy that B has a second chance to feel the warmth of a baby in her arms. She deserves that feeling more than anyone I have ever known. I remember finding this great little shirt through one of those t-shirt websites and it said,"My Brother is an Angel in Heaven." I still smile when I think of it, because this little girl has someone extra special watching out for her:)
Friday, December 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
So glad you got back in contact with your friend! I know that had to be so difficult for her, losing her little boy. I'm glad you'll be able to share the joys of a little girl with her! Aren't they fun!?!?
Post a Comment