Monday, December 29, 2008

Wow, she's a movin....

Wylie has still decided not to crawl yet, but she is getting around. She is doing the inchworm/army crawl, and everyday she gets faster and faster at it. She can push herself up and rock back in forth, but I think she moves so well on her tummy she really doesn't have much of a desire to crawl. Although I bet by mid-January she will be crawling with no problem.

I have gotten used to laying her in the living room and letting her play toys while the older kids watch TV or play toys themselves. It gives me time to get a few things done without a baby in my arms. The other morning while Dave was here we put Wylie in the living room to play. We were both going back and forth from the living room and the kitchen cooking/serving/cleaning up breakfast. The older three were also in between the kitchen and living room playing with their new Christmas toys. Wylie decided she wanted to be a part of the excitement in the kitchen, in a matter of minutes Dave turned around to check on her and started laughing. She had pulled herself from the center of the living room around the couch and out into the entryway and was coming around the corner to head to the kitchen. As soon as she saw Dave she started laughing and slapping the tile. She thought she was so funny! We were amazed she moved so quickly and honestly I am scared now. My little lazy baby is turning into a mobile baby! I had to get a picture of her face as she rounded the corner. I think she was more amazed then we were when she figured out that she could ecscape the living room. She actually did it a second time later in the day.

Now, just in case your reading this going she leaves Wylie alone in the living room. Rest assured that she only goes 10-15 seconds at a time "alone." My kiddos/me always have her in eyesight and if we leave the room well we hear her. If you have ever met one of my "W's" you know they are not quiet. Wylie rarely goes a second without a "Dada" or some kind of noise. I know where she is and what she is doing every second of the day:)

No comments: