I have heard many Mom's of large families say they bring joy to their lives by going through their days with a Servant's Heart. I know that a Servant's Heart is mentioned numerous times in the bible, but I have to admit I rarely read it. There are many days when laundry, dishes, toys, etc are piling up and I feel frustrated with my family and the amount of work I have to do. So I have decided that a Servant's Heart is something I need to aquire. I know it is in there:) SO I have decided to start researching what a true Servant's Heart is, I know it does sound self explanatory...but I prefer to have a definition.
"Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling." I think that this is key in developing a true servant's heart. You can go through all the motions of servitude without having a servant's heart. You can wash the dishes with a sour look on your face, doing it only because you would get in trouble if you did not... Or you can wash the dishes with a smile, doing it cheerfully because you take joy in serving your mother. I myself can easily fall into the "serving grudgingly" category, and it is not true service--even if you offer it voluntarily."
Okay not a direct definition, but helpful. I do spend a lot of my days "serving grudgingly" which is an attitude that is going to be hard to break. More on this later...I need to take my Sister's advice and start my positive thinking.
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think it is hard to have a Servant's Heart no matter what you do, but especially in the small daily chores we can find tedious. I have to constantly pray for a positive attitude. It seems it isn't something that comes as naturally as we would hope. In today's world, it's so easy to be negative and pessimistic. However, we are most like the 5 people we spend the most time with, so it's important to surround ourselves with positive people! I, for one, am grateful to count you as one of my 5! Thanks for influencing my life in such a positive way!
Post a Comment