Sunday, January 4, 2009

Darn Stinkin Cold...

"This is the cold that never ends it just goes on and on my friends....."

That is the running joke between my Sister and I this week. Unfortunately members of each of our families have come down with this stinking, annoying, never-ending cold. The worst part is that both of our babies have it. Poor Kieran and Wylie, oh, I can't forget Wyatt who is finishing his 10 days of antibiotics tonight. I kept putting Wylie's Doctors visit off because it is just a cold. She has had some restless nights and has been pulling at her ears, but I had faith that she was on the mend. Wyatt on the other hand had it first and woke up wheezing one night, and scared the snout out of me! So, I took him in...I don't mess with the chesty stuff. Now, ears that is another story. I don't want to start the antibiotic/ear infection journey. You know, my baby has another ear infection, and that in turn gets another round of antibiotics, etc, etc, etc. I really feel strongly that they are coming around to idea that an ear infection doesn't always mean antibiotics.

Now, if Wylie was screaming and in pain, well that is another story. She has been a little on the fussy side, but nothing tylenol or motrin won't take care of. Well fastforward to yesterday, well the cold has turned into a fever and congestion/chesty cough:( So, the cold wins (or loses) I will be making the appointment first thing tomorrow and happily filling another prescription. I have had it with this cold and I am ready for my house to be rid of it!!!

No comments: