Saturday night I went out to feed the bottle baby goat and guess what I did???? Stepped in a darn hole and felt/heard a wondeful pop!! Of course it was dark, Dave is out of town, and all my kiddos were in bed. It hurt and I cried:) Somehow after about twenty minutes I was able to get up and hobble to the house, thank goodness for adrenaline. I woke up my special helpers and they got me an ice pack and a chair to use for support so I could get into bed.
My loving Sisters have come to the rescue! Amy came and picked me up Sunday and her Husband Jathan took me to the ER. Then Tracy and her family drove in to come and stay with me till Wednesday, which is when my Dad and Jon-Jon are driving in to stay through Sunday. I can't tell you enough how nice it is to have family here helping. I was terrified with the intial "PoP" because I couldn't comprehend how I was going to survive without help. Carrying an eight month old with crutches, well it just doesn't happen. Not to mention lugging feed out to a farm full of animals.
I followed up at the Ortho. Doctor yesterday and I did break a bone on the right side of my foot. It is a softer bone so it should heal quickly. So, I have instructions to keep the boot on and go back to the Doctor in two weeks for another round of x-rays. I am so thankful for my wonderful family, and I am so ready to get back to 100%
No comments:
Post a Comment