Sunday, January 11, 2009

Yummy, Baby's First Ice Cream

Wylie had her first taste of ice cream today! I tried some yogurt (store bought organic) last week to help with the antibiotics, but it didn't agree with her tummy. I think we need to wait on cow milk based foods. So, today I pulled out the ice cream maker and decided to make the kids some mango ice cream. I have been using goat's milk in about 95% of my recipes. One because raw goat's milk is so good for you and two because we have a freezer full of half gallons. All of my babies have been raised on it and most of them still enjoy drinking it.

The ice cream turned out super yummy, I used a tiny amount of organic sugar to sweeten it and the kids gobbled it up. It is so nice to have good eaters around here. Wylie wasn't too sure about the coldness but I could tell she enjoyed the taste! I love all the silly baby faces she makes:)



No comments: